NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE PROMOTION
1.Promotion Period: The #MyGivingStory 2018 Contest & Sweepstakes (the "Promotion") starts at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EDT") on November 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on November 30, 2018 ("Promotion Period").
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age and older as of date of Entry. Employees of 92Y, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (the "Sponsor"), Votigo, Inc. (the "Administrator"), their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively "Promotion Parties") and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws. For the Contest, Entry is made on behalf of a qualified, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization ("the "Nonprofit") named on the entry form. Entrants are providing a Contest Entry on behalf of the Nonprofit. The Contest Prizes and the Sweepstakes Grand Prizes (as defined below) will only be awarded to a Nonprofit in good standing both at the time of entry and at the awarding of prizes.
3. How to Enter:
During the Promotion Period, visit http://mygivingstory.givingtuesday.org/
(the "Website") and follow the instructions to complete all required fields of the on-screen registration form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes and one (1) entry into the Contest (the "Entry"). Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address throughout the Promotion Period.
Bonus Sweepstakes Entries: Upon completion of your Entry, entrants may, using a unique referral URL invite friends to the Website to enter the Promotion and receive one additional Sweepstakes Entry for each friend invited that subsequently enters the Promotion ("Bonus Entries"). Limit of twenty (20) Bonus Entries per entrant.
Entrants must pay normal Internet access and data usage charges that may be imposed by their online or mobile service providers. Automated Entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. Multiple online Entries from the same person/email address or the same person using different email addresses are not permitted and will be automatically eliminated. Incomplete, incorrect, corrupted, or untimely Entries are void and will be disqualified. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries.
By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to the Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions listed below (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Entry and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, your Entry fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions. By submitting your Entry, in addition to rights granted below, you: (a) hereby waive any so-called moral (e.g., creative rights) in your Entry; (b) represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the rights granted in these Official Rules; and (c) represent and warrant that your Entry and its use as contemplated in these Official Rules does not and will not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
4. Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions:
- Entry must be in English or Spanish
- Essay entries must be between 150 and 1,200 words.
- Photos submitted via the Website must be no larger than 20MB and in one of the following formats: .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png.
- Videos submitted to the Website must be in one of the following formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, and 3G2; must be under 100 MB and under 5 minutes.
- The Entry must be entrant's original creation and Entrant must have the right to enter one hundred percent (100%) of the Entry in accordance with these Official Rules, including copyright and the permission of all individuals featured in the Entry.
- The Entry cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
Content Restrictions: Entries may not contain or reflect any of the following:
- Any content previously submitted in a promotion of any kind.
- Material that violates, misappropriates, or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- The promotion of any activity that may appear to be unsafe, illegal and/or dangerous.
- Material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, disparaging of Sponsor, any brand or anyone else, or any content that contains profanity, obscenity, nudity, or sexual content.
- Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Contest Prizes: Contest Grand Prize (1):
US$10,000 The ARV of the Grand Prize is US$10,000. Contest First Prize (1): US$5,000. The ARV of the First Prize is US$5,000. Contest Second Prize (1):
US$2,500 The ARV of the Second Prize is US$2,500. Contest Yo Dono Porque/Excellence in Spanish Prize (2):
US$2,500. The ARV of the Excellence in Spanish Prize is US$2,500. Contest Most Nominated Nonprofit Prize (5):
US$2,000. The ARV of the Most Nominated Nonprofit Prize is US$2,000. Contest Honorable Mention Prize (3):
US$1,000. The ARV of the Honorable Mention Prize is US$1,000.
Sweepstakes Prizes: Sweepstakes Grand Prize (10): US$500. The ARV of the Sweepstakes Grand Prize is US$500. Sweepstakes First Prize (30): Promotional item. The ARV of the Sweepstakes First Prize is $15.
All monetary prizes will be awarded in the form of a check.
6. Winner Determination:
Contest Winner Determination:
Public Voting to Select the Contest Finalists: Beginning November 1, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. EDT and ending December 7, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EDT (the "Voting Period") all legal US residents residing in the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 13 years of age or older at the time of voting will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Contest Entry by visiting the Website and following the on-screen instructions to register and vote for an Entry. Limit, one (1) vote per person, per entry per day. Sponsor reserves the right to nullify any votes made through use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed, proxy votes or like voting methods and to disqualify from voting the responsible individual, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Any attempt by any voter to vote more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple/different names, email addresses, identities, and/or any other fraudulent mechanism or method, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to void those votes and disqualify that voter. Entrants / Nonprofits and their family/friends and officials are prohibited from obtaining votes by any inappropriate means, including, but not limited to, offering prizes or other inducements to members of public, paying a third-party service to vote for or obtain votes for a particular Entry, collaborating with other individuals or groups to trade votes, or otherwise acting in contravention of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify any such votes, and to disqualify the responsible Entrant and his/her Entry from the Contest. Votes sent from foreign IP addresses may be disqualified, in Sponsor's sole discretion. At the end of the Voting Period, the twenty (20) Entries with the most votes will be deemed the potential Contest Finalists, , subject to verification (the "Potential Contest Finalist"). In the event of a tie, the tied Entry that received the most votes between December 1, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. EDT and December 7, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EDT will be determined the Potential Contest Finalist.
Judging to Select the Contest Winners: At the end of the Voting Period, all eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor based on the following judging criteria: Originality / Creativity (50%), Relevance to the Contest Theme (25%) and Quality (25%) (the "Judging Criteria"). The one (1) Entry with the highest total score based on the Judging Criteria will be deemed the Contest First Prize winner pending verification. The one (1) Entry with the second highest total score based on the Judging Criteria will be deemed the Contest Second Prize winner pending verification. The one (1) Entry with the third highest total score based on the Judging Criteria will be deemed the Contest Third Prize winner pending verification. The five (5) Spanish language Entries with the most votes will be judged according to the criteria outlined above. The two (2) entries with the highest total score based on the Judging Criteria will be deemed the Contest Yo Dono Porque/Excellence in Spanish Prize winners. The five (5) Nonprofits who were nominated the most times throughout the Promotion period will be deemed a Contest Most Nominated Nonprofit Prize winner. In the event of a tie, a tiebreaker will be based on the highest score for Originality / Creativity. If still tied, the Entries with the tied score will be reviewed head-to-head by the judges until a finalist is selected. Limit one Contest Prize per Entry/Nonprofit.
Sweepstakes Winner Determination: Ten (10) Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winners will be selected in random drawings on the following dates throughout the Promotion Period: 11/5/18, 11/8/18, 11/12/18, 11/15/18, 11/19/18, 11/21/18, 11/26/18 11/29/18, 12/3/18, and 12/6/18. Random drawings will be conducted from among all eligible Sweepstakes Entries received by 11:59 p.m. EDT the day prior to the selection date. Thirty (30) Sweepstakes First Prize Winners will be selected in thirty (30), random, daily drawings from among all eligible Entries received by 11:59 p.m. EDT the day prior to the drawing throughout the Promotion Period (11/1/18-12/7/18). Drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
7. Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified by email/phone on or about December 7, 2018 by the Sponsor. All Contest Winners will be required to sign and return via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release within seven (7) days of notification attempt or status of potential winner will be forfeited. Return of prize notification will result in disqualification and prize will be forfeited. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Promotion Parties to use winner's name, Entry, picture, and likeness for promotional purposes in any and all media throughout the Universe in perpetuity without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Odds of winning the prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period.
8. General Rules: By participating in this Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and instructions and by all decisions of the Promotion Parties, which are final and legally binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. By participating, entrants and winner agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Parties from and against any claims, damages, or liability due to any damages, or losses or injuries to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize (if applicable) or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Entrants further agree not to pursue any right, claim or action against the Promotion Parties in connection with their participation in this Promotion. No responsibility is assumed for lost, misdirected or late Entries. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. An "authorized account holder" of an email address is the natural person in whose name the email address has been issued by the Internet Access provider for that email. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Promotion Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion which may limit the ability of an individual to participate in or accept a prize in the Promotion, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the Promotion Grand Prize. Promotion Parties are not responsible for damages to user's system occasioned by participating in the Promotion or downloading any information to participate in the Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Promotion and select the winners from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation.
9. Dispute Resolution: By entering this Promotion, entrants agree that 1) Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; 2) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and shall not include any punitive, consequential or other damages, including costs associated with entering the Promotion but in no event include attorneys' fees; and 3) Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All dispute resolution shall be made by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. These Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Promotion or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the state of New York, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these Official Rules.
11. Winner List:
For a list of winners, email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject "MyGivingStory Winners" after January 15, 2019.
12. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Promotion is 92Y, 1395 Lexington Ave., New York, NY 10128. The Administrator of the Promotion is Votigo, Inc., 1630 30th St., STE A #593, Boulder, CO 80301.